Tuesday 6 August 2013

? Stop and search

D used to say that I never went out without having an adventure.  Today I went only as far as  the Post Box at the end of our road.  As I was returning a Police car drew up and a handsome young policeman came across to speak to me. He was very polite and asked me how I was.  I said "Fine"  He then asked my name and I said "Jessie Bowler".  He said "Not Bessie?"  He asked where I lived and I told him and said I was on my way home after going to the post.    He apologised for bothering me and explained they were looking for someone and I fitted the description.  I said "Poor thing."  He grinned and went.  I suppose one dotty old lady with white hair looks very like another to the young.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.