Monday 12 October 2015

Family news

I have been motivated to recommence writing my blog after an encounter with a lady at my nephew John's funeral - a great loss to us, his family and his enormously wide circle of friends.  John made friends wherever he went and will be greatly missed.  He faced his impending fate with humour and great courage as one would expect of him.

Karen and John had a long and happy marriage and were particularly close to his older brother Ian and Ian's wife Lyn.  I have never known two brothers with such a close friendship.

One of John and Karen's close friends asked me "Are you Auntie Jessie?"  She said John had recommended that she should read my blog and asked when I would start again, so I feel obliged to do so (with Amanda's help).

Apart from the dreadful sadness that John's passing has left in our family, there have been two other momentous events recently.  My grandson Harry, and Sarah have a son, Beau, born in July, and my eldest grandson, Tom, and Lan have a son, Luc, born a fortnight ago.  I already have one great grandson - aged one year - born to Holly and J.  So now I have three great grandsons!

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog. Completely honest and great to read things from your point of view!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.